The fine print for Meg’s contests:
1. The names of all prize winners be notified as stated in the contest. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. All offers are for U.S. residents only; very sorry, but Meg has no idea how to comply with the laws of any other country.
2. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value following the commencement date of the competition.
3. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
4. Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process including by automated entry or voting mechanism, or by using multiple names and/or emails to enter.
5. There is no #5 because this is where the stock form says we can use your email in the future, and we won’t. We only use it to inform the winner and/or get an address for sending prizes.
6. Each winner is responsible for any tax implication arising from winning a prize.
7. In the event of any prize not being accepted or claimed within one week of being contacted by email, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right, without obligation, to award the unclaimed prize to the next best Eligible Entrant determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
8. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, their related entities and their officers, employees and agents, exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) redemption of the prizes; and/or (g) participation in the Promotion.
9. If the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, considers an entry is in violation of any laws, the Promoter may report the entrant to the appropriate law enforcement authority and the entrant will have no claim against the Promoter, including for any loss or damage it may suffer as a result. (Honestly, we would have no idea how to do this, and as good as our books are…)
10. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrant’s personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants.
11. Where the prize is awarded in the form of a gift card, voucher or letter (“Voucher”), the Promoter will not be liable for any Voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the Voucher is subject to the terms and conditions specified on the Voucher.
12. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
We treat the privacy of our readers with the highest importance. This policy details the measures we take to preserving and safely guarding your privacy when you visit or communicate with our site or personnel.
1. Information Collection
Operation of this site may require collection and processing of the following data:
1.1 Visit details to our site or any resources used on our site are not limited to just location and traffic data, weblogs or other communication information.
1.2 Information given to us when you contact us for any reason.
1.3 Data offered by filled out forms on our site, like a registration or purchase.
3. There is no 3 either, because we don’t sell your information to advertisers. Not ever. Nope. We don’t even give it to our publishers.
4. Storage of Personal Data
4.1 Your information is stored on servers where the data is in plain text. The database is secured and protected.
4.3 As you know, transmission of data on the internet is never guaranteed regarding safety. It is impossible to guarantee your safety with electronic data and transmission. You are therefore at your own risk if you elect to transmit any data.
5. Information Sharing
5.1 Information is shared only when required by law.